Last Updated: May 06, 2016     Views: 52

Why do I need to apply or renew the vulnerable sector police record check annually? 

In compliance with request from our clinical and field placement partners such as health care institutions, school boards and agencies, all students registered in the following programs below must complete a vulnerable sector police record check on a yearly basis. These reference checks are done to protect our students, staff, and clientele who are considered “vulnerable persons”. All costs are the responsibility of the student.

•    C102-Activation Coordinator/Gerontology
•    C104-Child & Youth Worker
•    C112-Personal Support Worker
•    C116-Behavioural Science Technology
•    C136-Behavioural Science Technology (Fast Track)
•    C405-Autism and Behavioral Science
•    S112-Dental Hygiene (2nd year students only)
•    S118-BScN
•    S121-Practical Nursing
•    S400-Restorative Dental Hygiene Program
•    H402-Food & Nutrition Management (Post Graduate)

If you are a new student in one of the above programs, your academic department will be in touch with you regarding the Pre-Placement requirements.

For more information on police checks please visit our Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check page.

For further information on other Pre-Placement Health Requirements, such as First Aid, CPR, Mask Fitting, or Health Passport, please visit the Full-Time Program Clinical Pre-Placement Health Requirements page and follow the appropriate link(s).

Related Topics