Last Updated: Jan 13, 2021     Views: 2248

At George Brown, we care about your student success inside and outside of the classroom.

There are a number of policies that allow you to initiate a complaint, but it depends on the nature of your complaint which policy and support person you would go to for assistance.

If your complaint pertains to your educational experience in the classroom, you would be guided by the Educational Complaint Policy and you would go to the Chair of your department to initiate a complaint.

If your complaint is about a non-academic issue with another student this would be handled under the Code of Student Behavior & Community Standards and you would contact the office of Student Conduct at

If your complaint pertains to Diversity, Equity or Human Rights or issues related to sexual violence or sexual assault, you would find the policy and contact information on the Office of Anti-Racism, Equity & Human Rights Services  web site. 

If your complaint involves a grade, you should first approach your faculty to discuss your concerns and if this is not successful, you would go to the Chair of your program for follow up using the Academic Appeals policy.

Students may also seek support through the Counselling department or through Student Association’s Academic Advocacy.

Need more help?